Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Operation: "To do list"

I've been trying to knock things off my "to do" list lately*. Well, that is basically my life goal I guess, since it's longer than humanly possible.  But, one nice thing about winter is that I'm stuck inside for about 5 months and I start nesting like nobody's business (not a pregnancy announcement). Wait, maybe that's the bad part of winter…well, the point is when "cabin fever" hits I start cruising down my house "to do" list*. It helps winter seem a little less awful, I suppose. Since I'm staring at the same rooms everyday, my mind can't be stopped and suddenly I'm changing, rearranging, painting, nailing etc. etc. And the worse the weather is the bigger and more elaborate my projects get (cue my husband sobbing and head shaking).

This time I have just a couple small projects that I finally got to--curtains for my front room and fixing my picture wall. Nothing too fancy but, is it just me, or do curtains really help finish a room? Also, when I got the picture wall fixed it totally felt like a breath of fresh air. It had been bugging me for months. I'm liking this room more and more these days. Once I get the awful paint color fixed it might be my favorite room in the house (that's my husband you hear screaming)!

*For tutorials and product information you can visit my blog www.garily.blogspot.com





Let me apologize for the terrible pictures. It's hard to get good lighting without glare and I'm still learning how to use my camera. You know, #bloggerproblems. 

Curtains:



You would think I would have taken a photo straight on, but why do the obvious thing? 

Tutorials and product information on my blog www.garily.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Seriously your pillows are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! So sad to see it go, but excited to see your wallpaper!!!

    ReplyDelete