Friday, June 17, 2016

Rosemary Coconut Grapefruit Spritzer

Today is our second mocktail Periscope! Woo hoo!! 7:30pm tonight I'm excited to have Aleigh from For the Joy of Life Blog with me tonight! Aleigh is a beautiful mom and wife and she loves to post about fashion, motherhood, recipes, beauty and everything good in life! I am excited to chat with her about showing love and kindness to everyone around us no matter our differences.

This might be a sensitive topic but it is a really important one to me. There has been so much going on in our world lately that I feel like it is so imperative to speak out!

I hope you will join us and comment your thoughts on the topic! Also if there is anything you want to know about Aleigh or about the drink think of your questions so you can have them ready during the scope!

And now lets see this yummy drink we'll be making tonight!
 

Are you a grapefruit person? I used to be. I would slice open one of those juicy babies and just pour sugar all over it! What a healthy breakfast I know!


Well something happened when I got pregnant with my son and I can't really handle grapefruit anymore. Tragic, I know. 


But the second I tried this drink the grapefruit gods shined upon it and I fell in love again! 


I tried to make this a healthy drink and it didn't really work out. But I will continue to try different possibilities and update this post if I come up with something good!


Grapefruit Rosemary Spritzer
Serves 2

1 oz of fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 tsp of rosemary simple syrup (recipe to follow)
2 TBS of Torani Coconut Syrup
Club soda
Ice
Rosemary sprigs
Grapefruit segments

Combine grapefruit juice, rosemary and coconut syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Pour evenly over 2 ice filled glasses and add club soda to taste. Stir to combine soda and juice mixture. Add rosemary sprigs and grapefruit segments as garnish. Enjoy!

Rosemary Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar or xylitol
4-5 rosemary sprigs

Combine sugar and water over high heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil turn heat down to low. Add rosemary and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Take off heat and strain out rosemary. Let cool for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before adding to drink. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment