Monday, February 17, 2014

Before and After: Bathroom

A little paint, a few DIY decor pieces and you can transform your boring bathroom for under $50!
My downstairs bathroom is the one most people see but it has taken me the longest to get to. I have had a hard time deciding what to do with it. It was a sandstone and taupe color from the previous owners and had some boring mirrors. We replaced the mirrors with the round one in the pictures shortly after we moved in, but haven't touched it since.

The bathroom before:
 
I finally just decided to go for it and go big or go home! Well, I am home, so…GO BIG and stuff! So, naturally I chose PURPLE as my pallet. I decided to do grey on the bottom half of the wall so it didn't feel like the inside of a grape. When it comes to fashion and home decor I'm all about BOLD. Side note, the Pantone color of the year had not come out yet when I chose this color, but, win! 

After:
The purple in these pictures has a lot more of a red undertone than it does in real life. It's much more of a blue undertone. Who wants to teach me Photoshop? 
                                                     A little abstract art (DIY)
Mirrors help open up a room. This space is pretty small so I knew mirrors were a must.
I really need to find a big purple candle to replace that orange one. Any ideas of where to find one?
                                     I also plan to put some wainscoting on the grey walls.
And one more little DIY art piece. To see more before and after pictures, information on products used and tutorials you can visit my blog-- www.Cemilyplay.wordpress.com

1 comment: